US President Donald Trump seemed to suggest on Tuesday that he would scrap plans for new restrictions on Chinese investment in US technology and will rely on the Committee for Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) for the purpose.
Asked "What are you looking at in terms of Chinese investment restrictions?" by reporters at the White House, Trump said, "Well, it's not just Chinese."
He said the US has "the greatest technology in the world", and "We have to protect that and that can be done through CFIUS."
CFIUS is an interagency panel that considers national security implications of foreign acquisitions of US businesses.
The US House of Representatives passed legislation on Tuesday to strengthen the authority of CFIUS by a 400-2 vote.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The difference between CNC horizont...
- The history of Boring machine
- The structure characteristic of bor...
- Horizontal Boring machine
- The packing and storage of boring m...
- Operation procedure of Boring machine
- Maintenance work of boring machine
- The first level maintenance of bori...
- The development course of Milling M...
- US pushes allies to halt Iran oil i...
- Milling (machining)
- Milling cutters
- Vertical mill
- Horizontal milling machine
- Boring (manufacturing)
- Boring mills and milling machines
- Hobbing machines
- Milling and turning operations